From this point forward, you should stop referring to me as “Ari”, and start referring to me as “Chef.”
Okay, just kidding. I don’t think I’m at that level just yet, but I did successfully cook some good things this week. Here’s the rundown:
- Vegetarian Jambalaya. This is a family recipe- It involves tofurkey Italian sausage, lots of cayenne, and a little vegetable broth for flavor. Mine turned out pretty well, except for the rice was a little tougher than I would’ve liked. Can someone tell me why?
- Cold Peanut Noodles and Egg Drop Soup. This was probably the most successful day of my cooking career so far! The egg drop soup was so easy, but so delicious! It takes a total of fifteen minutes, and is super flavorful and healthy. The noodles make a great lunch to bring to work. You can add chicken or tofu for some protein too!
- Last week, my breafast obsession was egg in a hole. This week? Smoothies. I made all different kinds, but my favorite was a peanut butter banana one. It’s a great pre or post-workout protein drink because it has tons of protein. It also tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of almond milk (or as much as you need to get the consistency you want)
- 3 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- Put everything in your blender